Sunday, October 23, 2011

Victoria’s Secret : Sparkling Lipstick : L54 On Fire Review


Red lipstick is a typical and timeless beauty statement. It is safe to wear in the office to glam up a tasteless daily white uniform, or bring a simple jeans + white top combo a lively look, or stand out for a night out with a classic Little Black Dress (LBD).

Colossal Victoria's Secret's products were the early present of my friend from her mom who is now in the US. Her mom is so thoughtful to reserve a tiny space inside the box for me. This unexpected lipstick is a very early Christmas gift in a fiery mood!

I'm not a big make-up fan, except when it comes to discovering products that goes well with my skin so let me take this opportunity with you my experience.


I find difficulty to choose the right shade of lipstick for my skin tone and this gift comes in a slash of shade that matches my complexion. My lips are chappy and rather than my heavy matte textures, I like to wear this sheer and creamy lipstick while I keep the rest of my make-up minimum.

without flash
with flash

Red lipstick is not a color I want to make mistakes with, but then again this is my epic failure attempt of a heart-shaped kissable lippy.. I'm bad at make-up........ la, la, la, whatever...

How do I get the look? I first conceal around the edges of my lips and apply the lipstick using a soft lip brush. To make it polished, I gently buff my lips with a toothbrush that has a soft bristles to remove dry  and dead skin.



Wish to brighten your dull complexion?
Wish to shine in the middle of a frazzle?
Wish to glam a casual outfit?
Simple.
Wear your favorite Red Lipstick, and you're ready to go!
greetings, aileen




28 comments:

  1. I looove red lipstick *.* nice potoraphy!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i love that it has little glitters in it:)

    ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!!

    http://ontomywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    http://ontomywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know that VS made lipsticks as well. It looks very good, I might order it online sometime soon! Thanks!

    xx
    Elena from theonewiththefashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preziosa - thanks lovely :D

    Sarah.Karin - i appreciate that you like my photos :D having nice photos frustrates me.

    Nee - exactly, it's glittery but nice :D

    Onto My Wardrobe - thanks dear :D

    Elena - surprisingly they have, hope you try it soon :D enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really nice! i didn't know VS has a make up line!!! xoxo
    http://theshopaholicnextdoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raffaella - never tried other VS make-up products yet, but their fragrance & body care lines are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great color! Perfect for winter. I love that its sparkly!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like a red lip and i had not heard of this brand x

    http://fashionandfrank.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the red of the lipstick...want to have it:) Love your blog and follow you now. Would love you to follow me as well:) XOXO

    www.look-scout.blogspot.com

    www.look-scout.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally agreed with you, red lip instanly bright you up, but it's tricky to find the right shade sometimes, this one look great with bit of shine to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise Pacurar - thanks dear :D

    fashion and frank - believe it or not, they're from Victoria's Secret range.

    look-scout - sure, that'd be great! thanks for the follow.

    Joandy - thanks dear :D red lipstick is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg tharts a killer colour! love love love! and awesome post and insight into the product! and cute photos, love how you wrote on your arm wit it :) and haha im bad with makeup too, all i ever do is curl my eyelashes and then i cant do anything else haha!

    xx

    shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Smart color!!!
    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keeping up with E.S.E.M - thanks dear for that lovely comment. i'm too comfortable to write stuff which sometimes scares me, but interacting and receiving feedback with other bloggers (like you) is one of the most enjoyable parts :D

    Claudia Mosca - thanks dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. looove the red lipstick! I followed u by the way.

    Follow me back, if u want! thanks! :)

    http://poptartselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice post and blog

    please visit also mine and become a friend :)
    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Viki ELLE, Carmen - thanks lovelies...

    ReplyDelete
  19. That lipstick colour looks great!
    blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you! I'd wish I could give you one, too, but in german... :D

    Why does it frustrate you to have nice photos? oO
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! that lookslike a gorgeous colour.. love red lipsticks xxx

    http://accordingto-anna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Noémie, Mitsie, Viv - thanks ladies!

    Sarah.Karin - it's okay dear but you deserve the award. I'm just frustrated with the lack of sharpness to have nice photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is such a pretty shade of red on you! I love the texture of the lipstick.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE red lipstick! : ) And it really looks great with your skin color.

    http://cinderellaalert.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah, Cinderella Alert - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! Please check out LIFO.It's an online home for information and comment on their interests whether it be the latest Hollywood gossip or tips on the trendiest fashions.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to share with me your feedback and suggestions. Huge thanks in advance :)