Monday, October 31, 2011

We All Go Back To Where We Belong

Everyday where...

where my morning is normally embrace with the divine images of my daughter
where at its best, the morning light reflects behind my curtain
where I always come across with this view outside my window 
where I settle myself in the living room
where I have my harmonious green tea and briefly read some pages of a novel
where I love to stare the women on a sort of a 'Victorian era' where fashion seen mostly in the 1840s till early 1870s in this painting despite the frightening frame
where I discern the bright skies in an open window
where the other side of the window allowed a boring view
where after my grand shower, I had to abandon the flat by passing this wide yet clean corridor 
     where when I'm going down I discourage myself to use the lift by pressing the button up instead of down to avoid the temptation
where I better stretch some leg muscles by using the stairs from second floor to ground floor.
where I take a seemingly usual short walk on my way to work 
where I have my much anticipated hot black coffee in the office
where I ignite another long day of performing my job
where I eat my weird lunches like this fettuccine with spaghetti sauce in full enthusiasm
where I finally walked home after a stressful day of work
But those everyday walks are associated with distress and homesickness, the disturbing desire to be able to go back to my country.



I dedicate this post to R.E.M. band who announced their split a few weeks ago. Actress Kirsten Dunst (wearing Rebecca Taylor 'Black Ghost' cut-out floral dress), and artist/poet/activist John Giorno, star in their final single "We All Go Back To Where We Belong" in two different videos. 

Both music videos were simple and easy, and watching them the whole length warmed my heart. It made me pause for a while at the slave of my mundane routines. Rather than seeing them as sadness, I endure them with their simple glory and to be thankful for every wonder they brought to me. 

It seems like whatever I do I am pretty engaged for more months here until I have my holidays. At once, I temporarily embrace those moments with splendor, having done it almost every day for the past couple of years, I know one day I will go back to where I belong.



Yet, I wanna say happy halloween!


aileen




39 comments:

  1. Love the shoe on the first picture!!!
    IS just amazing thanks for visiting my blog =)

    xOxO
    http://the3rt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was a very nice and personal post!

    http://a-norwegian-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures love! The spaghetti got me hungry here. :)

    xoxo,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post of a diary in a normal day
    great post darling
    happy halloween
    Always following
    The Dolls Factory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting! Super! Brava!




    http://milana2078.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice routine.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiago Aleixo - it's actually a make-up brushes holder :D

    A Norwegian - thanks dear, i'm getting personal now :D

    Myrted - thanks dear!i love spaghetti sauce but got run out of the pasta so we switch to fettuccine.

    The Dolls Factory - for a change :D thanks.

    Keeping up with E.S.E.M - thanks dear!

    milana2078 - thanks dear!

    PAPS - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like view outside your window

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos!come to see my blog you can also win my GUCCI Giveaway

    http://therightmixoffashion.blogspot.com/2011/10/giveaway-bag-charms-of-gucci.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you describe ur everyday.
    I will love to follow you..hope u wudnt mind :)

    issatchieu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post Aileen :) the pics are awesome... and glamorous :) Happy Halloween!

    Viki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stella - thanks, i'm actually waiting for a day to rain.

    Carol - thanks dear!

    Natalie Koltunovskaya - that painting is really lovely.

    Melissa Tchieu - thanks dear! you're welcome to follow & expect me to do the same :D

    Viki - thanks lovely... appreciate the words..

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post. your place looks very peaceful and neat. I love the shoe on the first picture too :)

    http://alexandriajz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful pics, great post, like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely photos! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alexandria - thanks dear! i truly adore every caretaker who maintains the cleanliness..

    Gear - thanks a lot dear!

    Kat - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photo diary. Love the pictures of your place.

    XO,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this post! its such an insight to your life... loving the pictures. now following x


    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/hayley.hour

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm fashionstoned, Hayley - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that song!

    (Bloggin about fashion http://www.the-parisienne.com/
    ... and maybe we can follow each others!? Let me know!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Parisienne - such a beautiful song.

    Marielleheart, Vale - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures! love that painting!

    thanksgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. GREAT POST!

    www.chroniclesofthefashioncupboard.blogspot.com

    x
    x
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha this is one of the coolest posts I've seen in a while! Love your apartment too - it's kind of old but verging on retro!

    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our Inbar Shahak Jewelery Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. aww.. the 12th picture makes me miss the streets of middle east! nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Grace - that painting is so lovely :D

    Chronicles of the Fashion Cupboard - thanks!

    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage - it's really an amazing bright & clean place to live :D thanks for the kind words!

    MACY - thanks dear! how i wish i could take more pics in the streets.

    Momo - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for your comment!!!
    lovely post!!!

    i followed you..

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aileen you live in such a nice area. The buildings outside your window are amazing. Also I like the Victorian painting, the curtains and your sofa (yes i obviously have an obsession with floral hahahaha)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that photo of the back of those buildings with the palm trees.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful post and great pictures: I love them!
    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh!!!! ....your blog is stunning!!!! ;) ;)
    I love this post....becouse it's really interesting....!!!! :)


    FOLLOW EACH OTHER????I WAIT YOUR ANSWER ON MY BLOG...AND THEN I'LL FOLLOW YOU BACK!!!!!!!

    http://dreamsonthestage4.blogspot.com/

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  32. tonia fashion tour - thanks dear!

    Vale - thanks for the greeting dear!

    Anastasia from Natbeesfashion - haha.. i'm so girly with the florals surrounding me. thanks for the kinds words Anastasia.

    Andrea - they look amazing after a rain, otherwise they look dusty in hot weather.

    Claudia Mosca - thanks dear!

    DREAMS ON THE STAGE by FRANCESCA and GIADA - thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to share with me your feedback and suggestions. Huge thanks in advance :)